Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Were you raised in a Barn- Yep!!!!

Every week I will show some advance in how we are turning this 100 year old barn into a home. This way I may stay on task a little better. It is easy around here to get sidetracked. I love to watch the horses do whatever they do- they are beautiful. I enjoy time in the greenhouse and the vegetable and herb gardens. Then there are the entertaining goats. We got them originally to eat down brush and then make goat milk soap. They have proven to be both blessing and headache.

Someday I will tell you about the big pig we had, a Japanese exchange student and how rodeo fit into that set of thoughts.

It has never been dull around here and hopefully never will be.

Several years ago, we had a devastating fire. It destroyed part of the barn ( our house) and a 100 year outbuilding and much of my best livestock. It was devastating!!!! After the 10 firetrucks and water tankers left, I was overwhelmed. But with the love of good friends and neighbors, we recovered.

Now it is time to finish the job and finally make this barn a warm, comforting home.

This is the start. Wish us luck.

Hugs,
Barb

2 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Barb:) I was raised around barns, but always wanted to live in one! Bless your heart. I too have been through losing my home and all my possessions due to fire. It's tough going for awhile being put out, but it was a good humbling experience for our family. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors with the repair. Make it a fun project for all. Bless you all, and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Carol
firecrackerkid.etsy.com

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Wow! How cool that you live in a barn!! I can't wait to see your progress :0)
Kim