Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The entryway-what a project!


This is the entry to our home. The building is a 100 year old barn that was used for sheep and dairy cattle. The doors you see on each side are the original sliding stall doors from the old days..

My sons built the wall you see and are finishing the doors. (School will be out soon and they will be home). You can see that I am experimenting with the color of blue/grey to use. It will be one of the main colors in the house. Behind the doors is one large open space which includes the kitchen, family room, living room, dining room, and just open space.

When I am finished with the mural on each side of the doors I have an idea for the top of the door.

Since today is sunny, I will spend some time outside but the rest of the week is rainy so I will be forced to stay inside and this will be one of my projects.

Stay tuned for more-----I appreciate your support.

Hugs,
Barb

No comments: