Monday, October 19, 2009

Etsy Monday Marketplace-----Apple Tree Cottage

Today, as nearly every monday, I put an Old Farmhouse Gathering member's Etsy shop on one of my blogs. Today's shop is Apple Tree Cottage. I know you will enjoy her interview as much as I have. You can see her offerings at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5554247

pRiM aUtUmN niGhTs CoRnUcUpiA


1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?   When I was a little girl, my family moved.  I was very lonely but found a library near our home, so I would walk there every day and spend hours browsing at books.  I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage and I was absolutely swept away by it.  The cottage was a magical place where peace and love was found.  I decided if I would name my shop in honor of this book that has such an impression on me when I was young.  
2. How long have you been on Etsy?   I joined Etsy in January, 2008.  
3. What type of items do you offer?   I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art and primitive items.  I love to paint on old pieces that have a story to tell when they come my way.  
4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!   I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me since I was small.  My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.  
5. Who or What inspires you?   I love things that come to me with a history.  Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.  
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?   I can’t say I have one favorite piece.  I love everything I paint… each item in my store is something that I would place in my own home.  
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)  I sell only on Etsy.   You may visit my blog at appletreecottage.blogspot.com. 
Enjoy your time with this wonderful artist!!!!!

Hugs,
Barb

4 comments:

basketsbyrose said...

I love you blog, and reading about all the wonderful items people make! Thank you for doing for the Old Farmhouse Group!

Have a great and wonderful day
Rose
basketsbyrose

WillowtreeTreasures said...

Great post! Love what you had to say and the interview answers are great!

Carol said...

Barb, Lovely feature. I love Martha's painting! Carol

Joan Minervini said...

Barb,
Wonderful feature for Martha! Very Nice.
Joan :0)